Mobile has revolutionized commerce, including the way consumers engage, research and ultimately purchase products.
Here’s how mobile assets are reshaping the commerce landscape and consumer buying behaviors:
1. Showrooming.The increase in showrooming should be seen as an incentive for brands to deliver real-time information and innovations to prompt consumers to visit stores in person.
2. Social Shopping. Social media is already becoming increasingly integrated into the brick-and-mortar experience, and mobile engagement is a driving force.
3. App Marketing. Apps are also bridging the gap between brick-and-mortar retailers and e-commerce sites. Essentially, they have opened up new marketplaces in which both marketers and consumers benefit.
4. Mobile Payments. One of the main benefits of shopping online is avoiding long checkout lines. Many retailers have risen to the challenge by offering mobile payment systems that empower in-store shoppers to conduct self-service checkout using their smartphones.
5. Location-Based Ads. By combining the power of location and other data-based targeting strategies, advertisers can improve the relevancy of brand messages and effectively drive up performance. A new report by BIA/Kelsey estimates that by 2017, over half of all mobile ad budgets will be allocated to location-targeted ads.